Future of Public Relations: Price Ent Group

Future of Public Relations: Price Ent Group

About Me

My photo
I am a grad student at Full Sail University. I strive to do well in everything that I do. I love reading, writing and challenging things. I embrace change!! Change is a key part of life... I am aspiring to work in Public Relations/Marketing within the Entertainment industry. My goal is to become very marketable and gain experience in all areas within the Entertainment industry. I love meeting new people and building relationships! I am a very outgoing woman of God who will always see the good in any situation! This is me...<3

5W Public Relations! 5 TIPS!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Understanding Tavis Smiley

When thinking of success within the Entertainment industry, I immediately think of Tavis Smiley. He is a man that has opened doors within the entertainment industry through his talk show, books and foundation. He has provided great insight on how to overcome adversity within the Black community and make a change within society.
 As I read, Gale Cengage article on Tavis Smiley; I had an opportunity to appreciate his work and understand his leadership position within the industry. Over the past decade, Smiley has been awarded for his efforts to build a strong foundation for children, his memoir and business. Smiley has demonstrated leadership traits and integrity while walking this journey through success. 
      Tavis Smiley began his journey while interning in college with mayor Tom Bradley. He then worked as an administrative aid in the Bradley Organization and hosted radio talk shows. Smiley, has a deep love for politics, allowed him to develop a 60-second daily commentary entitled “The Smiley Report,” which dealt with various social and political issues of the day. Soon through his effort to produce quality work, Smiley became a very credible name. Smiley in 1994 was included in TIME’S list of fifty future American leaders. As Smiley transformed from a household name to a media mogul, he was a very sought-after public speaker. Smiley had a presence and was a very trusting man, which allowed for people to stop and listen. Over the course, of the next 10 years, Smiley he worked with ABC radio network, CNN, ABC news and in 2004 hosted his own Public Broadcasting System talk show, entitled Tavis Smiley. Not only has Tavis Smiley gained great experience and built credibility over the past decade, he has developed skills and traits that are very credible.
     Tavis Smiley, in my personal opinion has proven anything is possible. Although, he didn’t endure issues and struggles as many industry leaders have for example, Tyler Perry. Smiley has allowed his ambitious and thirst for success to be his reason to work hard and make a change. Smiley is one of the most influential people within the industry and is continually growing through the life cycle. I enjoy his work and will continue to watch his journey through success. Join me…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

5W PR Agency CEO

5W PR Agency CEO

Striving to be a leader, this is very important to hear.

How to be Successful

PR Techniques