Future of Public Relations: Price Ent Group

Future of Public Relations: Price Ent Group

About Me

My photo
I am a grad student at Full Sail University. I strive to do well in everything that I do. I love reading, writing and challenging things. I embrace change!! Change is a key part of life... I am aspiring to work in Public Relations/Marketing within the Entertainment industry. My goal is to become very marketable and gain experience in all areas within the Entertainment industry. I love meeting new people and building relationships! I am a very outgoing woman of God who will always see the good in any situation! This is me...<3

5W Public Relations! 5 TIPS!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Successful? Humble? Sincere? Optimistic? Loyal? Hungry? Who does this define? None other than Willie BumBum Baker. Mr. Baker is one of the most successful behind the scene producers within the entertainment industry. As I conducted a series of questions designed to gain great insight on him as a person and leader within the industry, I had an opportunity to LEARN. Learn how to become better, learn more about his success and learn how to lead.
 We first began by going back to the beginning. WAY back to when he first started at age 19 right out of high school. Instead of going the traditional route of attending a 4 year institution, he headed to Atlanta, GA to pursue his dreams. Mr.Baker was inspired to become someone great because of his musically inclined family. His uncles, who were heavily involved in the industry; and had an opportunity to gain great insight on producing as well as learning the ropes of the industry. Quickly learning the ropes he produced his first hit with group DIVINE in 1997 titled "Lately". From there, his career skyrocketed to the top. Mr. Baker then began working with a diverse group of artist such as Keri Hilson, N'sync, T.I, India Arie and Pink to name a few. With his efforts in creating hits, he enjoyed working with such diverse artist because it allowed him as a producer to stretch and learn new things from each artist. Continually working within the box limits success.
 Through his success and wisdom, my main question for Mr.Baker; "Is this what you expected? Is this industry built for anybody? His answer, No. He began to describe his initial thoughts and aspirations when entering the music industry at age 19, which was very materialistic also unrealistic. The music industry is just as any other 9-5 job, you have to work for your money and success. Nothing happens over night. As he continued to discuss his initial expectations, he explained that this industry is NOT made for anybody. "If your emotional, you will never make it. If your lazy, this isn't for you. You have to have a high tolerance for BS and understand you gotta be d___ near crazy to work in this industry" (Baker 2010). Hearing his response to the questions that cloud my mind, made it clear that I have WORK for what I want and can't stop at ANYTHING until I make it.

Mr. Baker wanted to make it clear that in order to make it in the industry you have to have passion. Passion is the primary trait that is lacking within many artist. Artist no longer work for their passion and love for music, but rather the money and glam. Which is why it is hard to produce quality music and affects artist development.

With that being said, with his passion and love for music, he has developed a independent label that allows artist to remain authentic and grow within their music. Up and coming artist such as Ashmin Skyy will be launching in 2011! Mr. Baker has huge things ahead and I am excited to be working with such a great man of success.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

5W PR Agency CEO

5W PR Agency CEO

Striving to be a leader, this is very important to hear.

How to be Successful

PR Techniques